As most of you already know, I was not able to physically make it at MORCon 2012. Although I did prepare a presentation and took a video of it using my amateur video shooting and editing skills I just learned over the past week. I had it available for download so it can be played at MORCon 2012.
I was told that there were some Internet connection issues at Bataan that there was some difficulty in downloading the video. It is indeed a large file, aside from being very long. A ordinary YouTube account will not accept it. Vimeo who has a 500MB limit was also not enough. I did a 1280 x 720 video in HD format. So this is what I will do… I will split up the file into several videos, bookmark this URL and come back later. I decided to place this on my personal blog and not on Internet Marketing Inc. which is where I primarily blog about SEO stuff, mainly because there are several times I spoke in Tagalog and it is just not appropriate to have it on the IMI blog.
I am currently splitting up the videos now and will be tweeting #morcon2012, posting in the SEO.org.ph forum, the SEO Org Philippines Facebook group and in the 24×7 Skype chat room as these videos go online.
Sorry for the inconvenience this may have brought you, if ever you were expecting my video or even my live appearance at the event.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These videos were intended for SEO Organization Philippines’ conference MORCon 2012, thus these videos are presented in English and Tagalog.
Part 1: Business Side of SEO – Benj Arriola’s MORCon 2012 Introduction
Part 2: Business Side of SEO – Business Goals and High Level Overview of the SEO Industry
Not all SEOs are business people, although not all SEOs also run their own business. The main goal of any business is to make money, and we may all be in different situations with regards to business.
Most people think that making a profit is more important if you own an SEO company or is a freelance SEO professional. But even if you are an employee of an SEO company, making sure the company is profitable also helps ensure job security knowing the company will survive. So being part of the goal of making sure the company makes money still benefits you as an SEO employee.
Part 3: Business Side of SEO – Pricing and SEO Proposals
Most of this knowledge on pricing and proposals is basic knowledge in business that can be applied outside of SEO. This is already about an hour long total for all 3 videos, but it doesn’t end there. I was initially giving the options for the users to choose which one to present, the first half or second half for MORCon. But neither were show due to technical problems. So you will get to watch it all here online.
Part 4: Business Side of SEO – SEO Operations
Part 4 of the video is more on setting goals and KPIs, using the right tools, setting a project plan, using project management tools.
MORCon 2012 Business Side of SEO – MORCon 2012 Presentation Summary
MORCon 2012 Video Presentation Update:
- 1:56 AM 9/30/2012 PST: Cut first part of video, the introduction, currently rendering video and will be uploading on YouTube, will be posted shortly.
- 2:18 AM 9/30/2012 PST: Uploaded part 1 on YouTube. Currently preparing part 2.
- 2:53 AM 9/30/2012 PST: Uploaded part 2 on YouTube. Will not work on the rest of the videos yet. It’s 2:54am here. Will continue tomorrow.
- 10:33 AM 9/30/2012 PST: Rendering Part 3 of the video which is 41 minutes, so it will take a while to render and upload. YouTube also told me I am now allowed more than 15 minutes but I am not sure what my upper limit is, if it doesn’t work out, I will probably use Vimeo. Should be embedded here in an hour or two.
- 11:35 AM 9/30/2012 PST: Part 3 uploaded. Will upload remaining later. Going out for lunch.
- 1:58 PM 9/30/2012 PST:Rendering Part 4 of this video.
- 9:32 PM 9/30/2012 PST: All videos uploaded.