There are several SEO Contest that has been conceptualized. And most of them have the same rules, make a website, and try to rank high in a chosen search engine for the contest with a given search keyphrase. There will be a deadline for the event and a certain time and date is given when the results will be checked in the search engine of choice by the SEO contest organizer.
Most often than not, SEO contest search keyphrases are unknown words or combination of words put together that may be meaningless. Although when this Isulong SEOPh contest started, the keyphrase Isulong SEOPh displayed no results in the search engines since it was once an unknown keyphrase to search engines, the phrase actually means something in the Tagalog language of the Philippines.
Isulong really means to advance, or to progress or improve, to promote and get better. And SEOPh is basically the acronym SEO which we should all know by now is Search Engine Optimization together with Ph which is the official ISO standard 2-letter country code for the Philippines.
Isulong SEOPh is not really a first in the industry of SEO, but is the first for the Philippines. SEO contest have been recorded as early as January 2004 by Serps. Here are several SEO Contest that has happened in the past:
- Serps – January 16, 2004 to April 16, 2004
- Nigritude ultramarine – May 7, 2004 to July 2, 2004
- Seraphim proudleduck – September 1, 2004 to January 1, 2005
- Cobraoupouaout – July 4, 2005 to June 2, 2006
- CPayscom Online Casinos and SEO Contest – January 1, 2006 to July 1, 2006
- V7ndotcom Elursrebmem – January 15, 2006 to May 15, 2006
- Carcasherdotcom Seocontest – February 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006
- The four required words – February 15, 2006 to May 15, 2006
- Sex Web Cams Zoom11 – April 1, 2006 to October 1, 2006
- retsambew dash klat for Charity – April 3, 2006 to September 1, 2006
- Astromusicologie 101 – June 1, 2006 to September 1, 2006
- Vorgermilten – June 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006
And there have been several other small contest going on like Shoemoney’s Mini SEO Contest. Isulong SEOPh is a contest by SEOPhilippines and contestants may either be Filipino or non-Filipino, as long as non-Filipinos can attend the awarding event in the Philippines. Official rules can be found at the SEOPhilippines.org website.